Current Job Openings
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Hours: Approx. 12 Hours per Week
Salary: $8.25 / Hour
Start Date: Sept. 25
Schedule: Mondays and Thursdays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., plus weekend rotation.
The North Riverside Public Library is seeking an energetic individual with good organizational skills who enjoys performing a wide range of duties.
Position Duties Include:
- Shelving library materials and maintaining order of library shelves.
- Emptying book drops.
- Following library opening and/or closing procedures.
- Refilling paper in photocopiers.
- Retrieving items from shelves for interlibrary loan.
- Helping to set up meeting rooms for library programs.
- Assisting library patrons as needed or directing patrons to appropriate staff member(s).
- Assisting with weeding projects and other special projects as needed.
- Must have visual ability to see computer screen and read call numbers on books and bar code labels.
- Must be able to lift and carry bags of books or boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to reach heights of greater than 60 inches.
- Must be able to walk distances of more than 50 feet within the building to shelve or retrieve materials.
- May be required to stand for extended intervals of time during work periods.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand motion for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to bend to reach lower shelves.
- Some familiarity with computers and email required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply at the North Riverside Public Library.
Applications for employment at the North Riverside Public Library are available at the Circulation Desk during regular library hours. Application forms must be completed by all applicants and returned to the Circulation Desk.
When a vacancy occurs, it is advertised in the Library and on the Library website. In addition, our application files are checked for qualified candidates. The applicants whose qualifications and experience best match those needed for the position will be contacted.
All applications remain in the active file for six months and will be considered for vacancies that occur within that time. An applicant whose application has been on file for six months may call the Director and request that the application remain active for another six months.
The North Riverside Public Library extends equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all occupations and all levels of occupation without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age or disability except in cases of bona fide occupational qualifications. The North Riverside Public Library does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.