Job Title: Youth Services Associate
FT/PT: Part Time
Hours: 15 per week (on average), including weekends
Salary: $10.00 – $12.50 / hour, depending on qualifications
We’re looking for someone who:
• truly enjoys working with kids and caregivers, tweens and teens
• is competent and confident with today’s technologies
• works well independently and as part of a team
• is familiar with children’s and teens’ literature (and wants to learn more!)
For the right candidate, this is a great opportunity to build experience and skills in a small, well-loved library serving a supportive and diverse community.
• BA/BS, LTA or MLS/MLIS. Students currently pursuing degrees are encouraged to apply.
• Minimum one year working with children and/or teens in a professional setting.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Competency in current technologies. Comfortable with rapid change and able to learn quickly.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good follow-through and attention to detail.
Additional hours may be available as schedules and programming needs change.
Email applications strongly preferred. Please send your cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Application Contact: Susan Locander, Youth Services Manager
2400 S. Desplaines Ave., North Riverside, IL 60546
Applications for employment at the North Riverside Public Library are available at the Circulation Desk during regular library hours. Application forms must be completed by all applicants and returned to the Circulation Desk.
When a vacancy occurs, it is advertised in the Library and on the Library website. In addition, our application files are checked for qualified candidates. The applicants whose qualifications and experience best match those needed for the position will be contacted.
All applications remain in the active file for six months and will be considered for vacancies that occur within that time. An applicant whose application has been on file for six months may call the Director and request that the application remain active for another six months.
The North Riverside Public Library extends equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all occupations and all levels of occupation without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age or disability except in cases of bona fide occupational qualifications. The North Riverside Public Library does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.