Position Available: Public Services Associate
Job Description: The North Riverside Public Library is seeking a friendly, detail-oriented individual who is dedicated to providing excellent customer service as a part-time Public Services Associate.
The Public Service Associate:
- Performs tasks relating to circulating library materials, registering users, promoting library programs and services, and answering general information inquiries.
- Assists patrons at the Public Services desk with equipment including, but not limited to: public computers, printers, wireless network, scanners, photocopiers, fax machine and devices.
- Assists patrons with public computer software, including, but not limited to: browsing the Internet, sending and receiving email, filling out online forms, and creating, editing, saving and retrieving documents.
- Troubleshoots issues with equipment and software.
- Assists patrons with the library’s public computer reservation system.
- Handles incoming Public Services phone calls with a high level of customer service.
- Answers general information and directional questions.
- May work on special projects as assigned.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Full/Part Time & Hours: Part Time, up to 30 hours per week including evening and weekend hours.
Requirements: Ability to work and communicate effectively and tactfully with the public and staff in a friendly and courteous manner; ability to provide excellent customer service; strong technology skills; experience with computers; willingness to work evenings and weekends; ability to stand and lift or push book carts of at least 25 pounds. Library experience/ MLIS in-progress or at least one year work experience in a public contact position preferred.
Salary: Salary begins at $10.50 per hour, based upon qualifications and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Ted Bodewes- Director
North Riverside Public Library District
2400 S. Des Plaines Ave
North Riverside, IL 60305
Applications for employment at the North Riverside Public Library are available at the Circulation Desk during regular library hours. Application forms must be completed by all applicants and returned to the Circulation Desk.
When a vacancy occurs, it is advertised in the Library and on the Library website. In addition, our application files are checked for qualified candidates. The applicants whose qualifications and experience best match those needed for the position will be contacted.
All applications remain in the active file for six months and will be considered for vacancies that occur within that time. An applicant whose application has been on file for six months may call the Director and request that the application remain active for another six months.
The North Riverside Public Library extends equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in all occupations and all levels of occupation without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age or disability except in cases of bona fide occupational qualifications. The North Riverside Public Library does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities.