Download E-Books, Audiobooks, and Magazines
Check Out E-Books and Audiobooks from Media On Demand
North Riverside Public Library offers access to thousands of e-books through the Media On Demand service, hosted by Overdrive, Inc.
Tips On Searching For E-Books:
Please note that searching for items through Media On Demand is separate from searching for items in the SWAN library catalog. Although some e-books are displayed in the SWAN catalog, you will need to go to the Media On Demand site in order to check availability and/or place holds on items. To begin searching Media On Demand, visit the site now.
To begin downloading e-books or audiobooks, please click on the instructions for your device below.
Note: You will also need your library card number and SWAN PIN number; if you do not have a PIN number, see our instructions on “How do I use my library card online with SWAN?”
Kindle Devices & Kindle App
- Getting Started with Kindle
- Getting Started with Kindle Fire Tablets
- Using the Kindle App on other platforms
- How to return a Kindle book to the library
- How to transfer Kindle books to Kindle devices via USB
NOOK, Kobo & Other eReaders
Personal Computers & Other Devices
Smartphones & Mobile Devices
- How to borrow and enjoy audiobooks, e-books, and streaming videos using an Android device
- What formats work with Android devices?
- How to read e-books with OverDrive’s app for Android
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive’s app for Android
iOS Devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch)
- How to borrow and enjoy audiobooks, e-books, and streaming videos using an iOS device
- What formats work with iOS devices?
- How to read e-books with OverDrive’s app for iOS
- How to return a downloaded title using OverDrive’s app for iOS
Check Out Digital Magazines with RBDigital
RBDigital (formerly known as Zinio) is a remarkable new service offered to North Riverside Library card holders, where you can download and read your favorite magazines on your computer, tablet, or smartphone both at home and on the go!
Choose from over 20 magazines currently available. Each new issue will be available for downloading onto your device. The issue is yours to keep for as long as you like – nothing to check out, nothing to renew, and nothing to return. It’s just like subscribing to the magazine except that it’s digital and it’s free!
Getting Started with RBDigital
- Go to the library’s RBDigital Collection page. Browse the collection and click on a magazine to check out. Click on the “Checkout” button.
- You will be prompted to either log in or create a new account. Click on “Create New Account.” Enter your library card number, without spaces, then click “Next.” You’ll be asked to enter your email and create a password for your account.
- After creating your account, click “Confirm Check Out.” Your magazine is now checked out and available to read on RBDigital’s website. Click “Start Reading” to begin.
- Your personal reading account is now activated. You can view the magazine that you checked out by clicking the “Your Library” link at the top of the page. Simply click on the magazine’s cover to begin reading it in your web browser.
Apps for Smartphones and Tablets
If you need further assistance, please call the library at 708-447-0869, or make an appointment for a one-on-one training session.