Literacy and Reading
Early learning and literacy at the library:
Learning begins at birth, or perhaps earlier. Talking, reading, singing and just playing with your child all build literacy skills.
We have weekly programs for toddlers, preschoolers and school-age children that are fun opportunities for socialization and learning.
Early learning and literacy materials:
- Board books and lift-the-flap books
- Books with CDs and Books with tapes – children can follow along in the book, as the book is being read.
- Books on CD and Books on tape – children can listen to a book or story. (Wide range of running times – from 15 minutes to 15 hours!)
- Beginning Reader collection – from the simplest (learning letter sounds) to chapter books that contain multi-syllable words.
- Books to help parents teach children to read, and books on strengthening reading skills.
Let the staff at the YS Help Desk help you find just what you’re looking for! Visit us in person, call 708-447-0869 or email us.