Ebooks, Audiobooks, Movies, and Music
Hoopla – Stream Movies & Music, and Borrow E-Books and Audiobooks
Media On Demand – Check Out E-Books and Audiobooks (For Android and iPhone, look for the Libby app!)
RBDigital – Check Out over 1000 Audiobooks and Magazines, and Stream Movies and Shows from 7 Streaming Video Channels (including Indie Movies, Acorn TV and Pongalo)
Transparent Language – Language learning for all ages! Transparent Language covers over 110 different languages. It also offers English learning for over 25 native languages, plus an American Citizenship Test prep course.
Research Databases And Other Library Resources
The library subscribes to several research databases which can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. All you need is your North Riverside Library card.
Academic Search Premier – This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles.
AtoZdatabases – Find a person; find a business; do a job search and use a resume template; do genealogy, background and criminal searches; and much more!
Ancestry Library Edition, one of the most important genealogical collections available today with unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom.
Auto Repair Source – Powered by the automotive experts at MOTOR, Auto Repair Source provides the most accurate, authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles.
BiblioBoard – Enjoy digital books, images, videos and more from libraries, artists, authors and others from your community and around the world.
Business Source Premier – The industry’s most widely used business research database, Business Source Premier features full text and searchable cited references for top journals covering a variety of business disciplines.
Consumer Health Complete – This resource provides content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
Consumer Reports – Thorough product comparisons with Consumer Reports’ comprehensive archive of expert, unbiased product reviews.
History Reference Center – Covering both U.S. and world history topics, History Reference Center is a full-text database featuring historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents.
Inkie.org – A suite of resources – available to everyone in Illinois at no charge – that supports local authors with online creation and e-book publishing tools, and can even allow readers to access locally-produced content.
Legal Information Reference Center – An online database designed to assist the general public in legal matters of all kinds. It includes exclusive full text for many top consumer legal reference books, as well as thousands of legal forms.
Literary Reference Center – A rich full-text literary database covering all genres and timeframes. It includes thousands of synopses, critical essays, book reviews, literary journals and author biographies, plus full-text classic novels, short stories and poems.
MasterFile Complete – The largest collection of popular full-text magazines, reference books and other highly-regarded sources from the world’s leading publishers.
Middle Search Plus – A full-text database providing popular middle school magazines and reference books.
Newspaper Source Plus – A full-text digital collection of the world’s major news content. It includes millions of articles from newspapers, newswires and news magazines.
Niche Academy – Online tutorials for library services and popular sites such as Gmail, Facebook, and more.
NoveList Plus – Created especially for people who love books, NoveList Plus is the premier online database for reading recommendations, available through libraries around the world.
NoveList K-8 Plus – Created especially for children and the adults who work with them, NoveList K-8 Plus is an online database of reading recommendations which encourages reader success.
Points of View Reference Center – Containing resources that present multiple sides of an issue, this database provides rich content that can help students assess and develop persuasive arguments and essays, better understand controversial issues and develop analytical thinking skills.
Primary Search – A full-text database providing popular children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedic entries and a vast image collection.
Science Reference Center – Designed to meet every student researcher’s needs, Science Reference Center contains full text for hundreds of science magazines, journals, encyclopedias, reference books and a vast collection of images.
Small Business Reference Center – Offers exclusive full text for many top consumer small business reference books, as well as tools to address many small business topics. It includes business videos, a help and advice section and details on how to create business plans.
Tips For Logging In To Online Resources:
When entering your Library Card Number (on the back of your North Riverside Public Library card), do not include spaces. You may also be asked for your PIN number. If this is your first time logging in, your PIN will be the last 4 digits of your phone number.
If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com. You can also call the library at 708-447-0869, or make an appointment for a one-on-one training session.
Recommended Free Websites
NEW: Special COVID-19 Resources Page
- Please see our collection of resources that are free or free-to-use during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
- Lexile.com – Using the Lexile Framework, you can easily find “just right” books either for school or for pleasure reading. You can also easily know when a reader might need a little help, or a little more challenge.
- USA.gov – Whatever you want or need from the U.S. Government is here. You’ll find a rich treasure of online information, services, and resources.
- IRS.gov – Look up and print federal tax forms and publications and access other online services.
- Illinois Department of Revenue – Look up and print state tax forms and publications.
- Illinois Department on Aging – Look up and print the Circuit Breaker form IL-1363 and find assistance on aging issues.
- Illinois DMV Practice Tests – Start Your FREE 2018 IL DMV Practice Test Now! These practice tests are good for the instruction permit test, driver’s license test and the senior citizens’ refresher test.
- North Riverside, Illinois – Search the website of the village of North Riverside.
- The Department of Energy’s Fuel Economy Guide – The offical government source for fuel economy information
- HealthCare.gov – At this site, you’ll find the Health Insurance Marketplace where you can go to apply for health coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
- Illinois Health & Safety – Find health care information and resources for insurance, prescriptions, hospitals, long-term care, and providers.
- Medline Plus – Brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health to help answer health questions. It also has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and the latest health news.
- Healthfinder.gov – Resources on a wide range of health topics selected from approximately 1,400 government and non-profit organizations.
- Project Gutenberg – Offers over 40,000 free high quality ebooks to download to your PC, Kindle, Android, iOS or other portable device.
- Worldcat – Search for items in other libraries throughout the state. Ask a reference librarian to request an item for you through Interlibrary Loan.
- I-Share – Search for library materials in academic or college libraries in Illinois. Ask your reference librarian to request an item for you.
- RAILS Library System -The Library System to which the North Riverside Public Library belongs.