Ebooks, Audiobooks, Movies, and Music
Hoopla – Stream Movies & Music, and Borrow E-Books and Audiobooks
Media On Demand – Check Out E-Books and Audiobooks (For Android and iPhone, look for the Libby app!)
RBDigital – Check Out over 1000 Audiobooks and Magazines, and Stream Movies and Shows from 7 Streaming Video Channels (including Indie Movies, Acorn TV and Pongalo)
Transparent Language – Language learning for all ages! Transparent Language covers over 110 different languages. It also offers English learning for over 25 native languages, plus an American Citizenship Test prep course.
Research Databases And Other Library Resources
The library subscribes to several research databases which can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. All you need is your North Riverside Library card.
AtoZdatabases – Find a person; find a business; do a job search and use a resume template; do genealogy, background and criminal searches; and much more!
Ancestry Library Edition, one of the most important genealogical collections available today with unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom.
BiblioBoard – Enjoy digital books, images, videos and more from libraries, artists, authors and others from your community and around the world.
Niche Academy – Online tutorials for library services and popular sites such as Gmail, Facebook, and more.
Tips For Logging In To Online Resources:
When entering your Library Card Number (on the back of your North Riverside Public Library card), do not include spaces. You may also be asked for your PIN number. If this is your first time logging in, your PIN will be the last 4 digits of your phone number.
If you need further assistance, please email email@example.com. You can also call the library at 708-447-0869, or make an appointment for a one-on-one training session.
Recommended Free Websites
NEW: Special COVID-19 Resources Page
- Please see our collection of resources that are free or free-to-use during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
- Lexile.com – Using the Lexile Framework, you can easily find “just right” books either for school or for pleasure reading. You can also easily know when a reader might need a little help, or a little more challenge.
- USA.gov – Whatever you want or need from the U.S. Government is here. You’ll find a rich treasure of online information, services, and resources.
- IRS.gov – Look up and print federal tax forms and publications and access other online services.
- Illinois Department of Revenue – Look up and print state tax forms and publications.
- Illinois Department on Aging – Look up and print the Circuit Breaker form IL-1363 and find assistance on aging issues.
- Illinois DMV Practice Tests – Start Your FREE 2018 IL DMV Practice Test Now! These practice tests are good for the instruction permit test, driver’s license test and the senior citizens’ refresher test.
- North Riverside, Illinois – Search the website of the village of North Riverside.
- The Department of Energy’s Fuel Economy Guide – The offical government source for fuel economy information
- HealthCare.gov – At this site, you’ll find the Health Insurance Marketplace where you can go to apply for health coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
- Illinois Health & Safety – Find health care information and resources for insurance, prescriptions, hospitals, long-term care, and providers.
- Medline Plus – Brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health to help answer health questions. It also has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and the latest health news.
- Healthfinder.gov – Resources on a wide range of health topics selected from approximately 1,400 government and non-profit organizations.
- Project Gutenberg – Offers over 40,000 free high quality ebooks to download to your PC, Kindle, Android, iOS or other portable device.
- Worldcat – Search for items in other libraries throughout the state. Ask a reference librarian to request an item for you through Interlibrary Loan.
- I-Share – Search for library materials in academic or college libraries in Illinois. Ask your reference librarian to request an item for you.
- RAILS Library System -The Library System to which the North Riverside Public Library belongs.