The library subscribes to several research databases which can be accessed from any computer with Internet access. All you need is your North Riverside Library card.
AtoZdatabases – Find a person; find a business; do a job search and use a resume template; do genealogy, background and criminal searches; and much more!
Ancestry Library Edition, one of the most important genealogical collections available today with unparalleled coverage of the United States and the United Kingdom (in library use only).
BiblioBoard – Enjoy digital books, images, videos and more from libraries, artists, authors and others from your community and around the world.
Hoopla – Instantly stream and download free content, including thousands of movies and TV shows, e-books, audiobooks, music, and more.
Mango Languages, which prepares learners for realistic conversations and strengthens everyday communication skills in over 70 world languages.
Media On Demand – Check out e-books, audiobooks, and more.
Niche Academy – Online tutorials for library services and popular sites such as Gmail, Facebook, and more.
RBDigital – Check out and download digital magazines.
Recommended Free Websites
- Lexile.com – Using the Lexile Framework, you can easily find “just right” books either for school or for pleasure reading. You can also easily know when a reader might need a little help, or a little more challenge.
- USA.gov – Whatever you want or need from the U.S. Government is here. You’ll find a rich treasure of online information, services, and resources.
- IRS.gov – Look up and print federal tax forms and publications and access other online services.
- Illinois Department of Revenue – Look up and print state tax forms and publications.
- Illinois Department on Aging – Look up and print the Circuit Breaker form IL-1363 and find assistance on aging issues.
- Illinois DMV Practice Tests – Start Your FREE 2018 IL DMV Practice Test Now! These practice tests are good for the instruction permit test, driver’s license test and the senior citizens’ refresher test.
- North Riverside, Illinois – Search the website of the village of North Riverside.
- The Department of Energy’s Fuel Economy Guide – The offical government source for fuel economy information
- HealthCare.gov – At this site, you’ll find the Health Insurance Marketplace where you can go to apply for health coverage, compare plans, and enroll.
- Illinois Health & Safety – Find health care information and resources for insurance, prescriptions, hospitals, long-term care, and providers.
- Medline Plus – Brings together authoritative information from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health to help answer health questions. It also has extensive information about drugs, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, interactive patient tutorials, and the latest health news.
- Healthfinder.gov – Resources on a wide range of health topics selected from approximately 1,400 government and non-profit organizations.
- Project Gutenberg – Offers over 40,000 free high quality ebooks to download to your PC, Kindle, Android, iOS or other portable device.
- Worldcat – Search for items in other libraries throughout the state. Ask a reference librarian to request an item for you through Interlibrary Loan.
- I-Share – Search for library materials in academic or college libraries in Illinois. Ask your reference librarian to request an item for you.
- RAILS Library System -The Library System to which the North Riverside Public Library belongs.