The mission of the North Riverside Public Library Foundation is to serve the residents of North Riverside by enhancing the quality and range of library services and materials beyond the level possible through tax revenue.
The Foundation & Friends is a non-profit organization working in close relationship with the Board and Administration of the North Riverside Public Library to provide a protected, perpetual source of revenues to increase the capability of the library to provide the highest level of services.
The Foundation & Friends does not replace tax revenue; it works closely with library staff to ensure that all gifts are put to the best use to benefit library patrons and the community.
The Foundation & Friends Board encourages and welcomes the participation of all North Riverside residents and neighbors in the mission.
The North Riverside Library Foundation provides support for projects, programs and other needs of the Library to ensure continuity of the highest quality of service and to enrich the Library’s resources, regardless of fluctuations in tax revenue due to economic conditions.
In 2021 the long-time fund-raising group, Friends of the Library, merged with the Library Foundation to create the dynamic Foundation & Friends group. The group’s goal is to raise funds through the book sale room, various fundraisers and soliciting donations for the North Riverside Library. Members have helped to stock the town’s Little Free Libraries, held social gatherings and fundraisers at the Library and around town and serve as amazing advocates for the Library.
Over the years, the Foundation & Friends groups have donated:
- $11,000 to fully renovation the newest Makerspace area (The Annex – located to the bottom of the stairs)
- Over $4,000 toward Kay’s Book Sale Room renovation
- $15,000 for new servers for the North Riverside Library to help us upgrade our IT infrastructure
- Nearly $350 each year for BookPages Magazine
- Over $350 each year for our movie license
- A yearly donation to the Riverside Foodbank in honor of the post summer reading Read to Feed event
- $4,000 for new desks for the Adult and Teen services
- Renovation of the Youth Services meeting room
- A portion of the main floor projector
- And much more…
Interested in joining a dynamic group who are excited to partner with the Library and create new opportunities for North Riverside residents? Click the link below to get involved.